Getting tired of the DC rat race? Time to retire, or get that long-awaited vacation home? Here’s an option; easier than driving over the Bay Bridge…
North Carolina Mountain Land, Mountain Property & Mountain Lots are now for sale at the Laurels, “North Carolina High Country’s Best Kept Secret”. The Laurels uniquely offers accessible, affordable beautiful natural vistas, magnificent properties and real estate for North Carolina retirement, retreats, vacation living, and magnificent, mountain-top custom homes.
Nowhere is the healthy living, the natural open space or the breathtaking vistas more prevalent than in the very temperate, mid-Atlantic region of the Eastern US – North Carolina’s High Country. Situated among the majesty of the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina, wildlife preserves and state parks mesh with private communities and rustic towns to produce the absolute perfect mix of outdoors recreation, natural scenery and fantastic seasonal events and activities. It’s the most highly sought-after area for year-round outdoor sports and recreation, and a hotspot for private, custom dream homes of retirees, families or simply outdoor enthusiasts.
The Laurels is one of the most unique and readily available 132 acres of mountaintop estate lots available now for purchase and homebuilding. A private gated reserve of 15 equestrian and North Carolina mountain estate lots from five to ten acres, with elevations up to and exceeding 4000 feet, it includes panoramic 50 mile vistas, prolific wildlife, cascading mountain brooks and springs, and dense glens of mountain laurel and rhododendron. It’s an exclusive and relaxing area surrounded by a wealth of regional activities, events, parks, resorts, spas, skiing and world class dining – The Laurels is impossibly unique yet amazingly accessible.
Painstakingly developed to offer North Carolina mountain property owners the exclusivity of a gated private park with underground utilities, estate sized lots, broad, safe asphalt roadways, state of the art erosion control planning, pre-approved four bedroom septic approvals, and thoughtful protective covenants, The Laurels sets the foundations of a close-knit and respectable community while protecting the spirit of seclusion, privacy and natural environmental protection.
Designed as a Private Park, The Laurels NC Mountain land park offers:
- Fifteen Estate Sized Lots Ranging from Five to Ten Acres
- Massive Stone and Wrought Iron Automated Gated Entry
- 1.2 Miles of Wide, Safe Parkway-like Private Asphalt Road with Magnificent Views Throughout
- Meticulously Designed Erosion Control System
- Elevations Reaching and Exceeding 4000 Feet
- Underground Utilities
- Breathtaking Mountain Panoramas, Abundant Wildlife, and Cascading Streams
- Carefully Developed and Thoughtful Protective Covenants Governed by the Property Owners Themselves Allowing a Main House, Stables, as well as, a Guest or Summer Cottage
- Dense Mountain Laurel and Rhododendron Glens, Expansive Deciduous Forests Interspersed with Pine and Hemlock, Open Meadows, Cliffs and Large Rock Formations, Native Flowers, Rare Indigenous Mosses and Flora, and a Wonderful Range of Microenvironments, from Sunny Mountaintop Glades to Shaded Fern Laden Rainforest
Area Attractions, Communities and Amenities:
- Linville – approximately 10 miles from The Laurels
- Newland – approximately 10 miles from The Laurels
- Elk Park – approximately 10 miles from The Laurels
- Banner Elk – approximately 20 miles from The Laurels
- Blowing Rock – approximately 30 miles from The Laurels
- Asheville – approximately 50 miles from The Laurels
- Lenoir – approximately 45 miles from The Laurels
- Hickory – approximately 60 miles from The Laurels
- Charlotte – approximately 110 miles from The Laurels
Area Attractions and Amenities:
- The Blue Ridge Parkway winds its way through 469 miles of some of North Carolina’s most beautiful scenery.
- Grandfather Mountain – a globally recognized nature preserve and the highest peak in the Blue Mountain range.
- Linville Gorge Wilderness Area – sometimes referred to as the Grand Canyon of North Carolina.
- Pisgah National Forest consists of over a half a million acres of pristine national forest.
- Mount Mitchell State Park 6683ft – highest peak east of Mississippi
- Roan Mountain Park 6300ft “largest display of blooming rhododendron in the world”
- Numerous Other National Parks Offering Hiking, Camping, Canoeing, Kayaking, Mountain Biking
- Watauga Lake and Lake James Offering Boating, Fishing, and Swimming
Numerous Golf Courses Accessible to the Public:
- Eseeola Lodge and Golf
- Hounds Ears
- Boone Golf Club
- Grassy Creek Golf and Country
- Mountain Glen Golf Club Newland
Four Regional Ski Resorts:
- Beech Mountain
- Sugar Mountain
- Appalachian Ski Resort
- Hawks Nest Ski Resort
- Linville Falls – approximately 5 miles from the Laurels
- Linville Caverns
- World Class Trout Fishing
- Watauga County
- Avery County
- Whitewater Rafting
- River and Earth Adventures
- Wahoo’s Adventures
- Loafers Glory Rafting and Tubing
- Horseback Riding and World Class Riding Competitions
- Blowing Rock Equestrian Preserve
- Numerous National Parks offering Hiking, Camping, Canoeing
- Watauga Lake and Lake James offering boating, fishing, and swimming
Fully appointed Hospitals and Medical Facilities:
- Cannon Memorial Hospital
- Spruce Pine Community Hospital
- Watauga Medical Center
- Blowing Rock Hospital
World renowned cultural events of Linville, Banner Elk, Blowing Rock:
- Highland Games
- Music Festivals
- Chetola Celtic Festival
- Lees-McRae Summer Theatre
- New 30,000 Square Foot Blowing Rock Cultural Center
An endless list of restaurants, cafes, clubs and spas from casual Mountain Cuisine to internationally recognized fine dining and accommodations:
- Multiple Highly Regarded Resorts and Health Spas
- Chetola Resort
- Westglow Spa
- Eseeola Lodge
- Hounds Ear Club
Review and reserve today your North Carolina Mountain Land, Mountain Property & Mountain Lots for sale at the Laurels – whether for North Carolina retirement, retreats, vacation living, or building your own custom home in North Carolina’s Blue Ridge mountain property. Contact the Laurels today via the web for much more information, pricing and options, or feel free to phone anytime at (US) 1-703-893-0695.
The Laurels is a project of Prospect Venture Group, LLC – founded in 2004 by brothers Robert Louis Laing and Anthony Francis McCormick. A sister company of Architectural Construction, LLC, a highly renowned custom homebuilder and developer in the greater Washington , D.C. metropolitan area for the past 30 years, Prospect Venture Group, LLC specializes in the turnkey development of private gated resort communities and exclusive retreat estate properties.